- 0 items in your cart
- your subtotal:
Careers at The Honest Kitchen
Regional Sales Manager – Canada
We are seeking a high energy professional with prior pet industry experience to provide support to customers, by sharing in-depth knowledge at the store level and balancing the needs of stores with effective communication, development and management of distributor relationships and systems. The Regional Sales Manager will report directly to the VP of Sales and lead our efforts in Canada to accomplish business objectives and defined sales goals.
As an integral member of the sales team, you will be actively supporting the company’s overall goals in a manner that exemplifies our mission. Key focus of this role includes developing and managing sales plans, executing sales and promotional programs at the retail and distribution level, identifying and training product demo reps and utilizing trade spend to proactively set up new accounts and grow same-store sales with innovative, brand-compatible promotions.
Desired Skills and Experience:
This position is ideally suited to an individual who has a successful sales management background in the pet industry and is energized by a new challenge. Additional requirements include:
- 2-4 years of a successful track record in sales and business development, selling in three tier distribution system (distributor, retailer and consumer) with at least 1-2 years of experience in sales management, leading, and motivating field sales teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management or equivalent experience.
- Travel Requirements: 75%
- Able to establish and build strong relationships with retail store owners/managers by understanding and responding to their issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Effective team building and relationship management skills with direct reports and customers.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly convey information, generate ideas and quickly resolve issues.
- Organizational agility and creative problem solver.
- Excellent collaborative, team building and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Be a fast learner and have an existing understanding of the 'indie' novel pet foods category (raw, freeze dried and dehydrated products).
- Understand and embrace our 'no sales to puppy mill stores' policy
- Must love dogs and cats! Candidates should also have a passion for the pet industry and for natural nutrition.
If interested, please email your resume to email@example.com indicating your prior relevant experience and accomplishments. Sorry, but resumes without a cover letter, or from candidates without a proven track record will not be considered for this position. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
Demo Rep – Portland, OR
The Demo Project entails using hands-on tactics to spread the word about our healthy, natural, dehydrated whole foods for dogs and cats through sampling and dialogue with interested parties. A training program is provided for independent contractors, to provide them with the knowledge needed to execute the project.
- Setting up a table displaying product samples and literature in an orderly manner, in pet supply, natural specialty stores
- Participating in appropriate pet-centric community events, by operating a booth or sampling table
- Initiating conversation with potential customers and introducing products to them
- Interacting with potential customers, asking questions, listening to their needs,assisting them in choosing an appropriate diet
- Blitzing local dog parks, dog beaches and other locations with samples and information to support local stores
- Must be available to work weekends (up to 8 hours each weekend day)
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to bend, lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Comfortable working alone, and with others
- Must be dependable and able to efficiently coordinate own schedule, and set up appointments with stores
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, to complete reports on progress
- Prior experience in a position or event setting, interacting with the public is an advantage
If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your prior relevant experience and accomplishments. Sorry, but resumes without a cover letter, or from candidates without a proven track record will not be considered for this position. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
The Marketing Coordinator will help execute on the marketing strategy, operating under the guidance of the overall Company strategy. Additionally, the Marketing Coordinator will support daily needs of the marketing department – which include small design projects, sending PR and social media orders via UPS and coupon creation.
This role will work closely with other internal departments, various third party organizations and the Company’s customer base. This role must be familiar with marketing principles and due to the project based nature of the work, the individual must be able to work independently, juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines all while producing high quality work.
Education: Minimum BS or BA required in Business, Communication or Marketing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must have graphic design experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, etc.) to help create collateral. Work with the Marketing Communications Director to draft content for collateral as needed.
- Working with the graphics department and vendors, to coordinate the production and distribution of collateral and marketing materials for audiences that include consumers, customers, sales, and other internal stakeholders. Maintain inventory and purchase inventory when necessary.
- Provide day-to-day marketing support for sales management.
- Assist with the planning and execution of presentations, campaigns, surveys, research, feedback and other items, as needed.
- Organizes and maintains department purchase orders and budget. Reconciles budget monthly with accounting.
- The role will include special marketing projects such as participating in photo and video shoots and other ad hoc projects as needed.
- Plans some meetings and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; coordinating mailing lists.
- When given a defined project, maps out process, timing and budget for completion.
- Manages project to schedule. Reports on progress against milestones. Monitors program results to help evaluate effectiveness.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, to complete reports on progress
If interested, please email the following materials to email@example.com – your resume & cover letter indicating your prior relevant experience, example graphic design work and one writing sample. Sorry, but resumes without a cover letter, or from candidates without a proven track record will not be considered for this position. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
About The Honest Kitchen:
As a team of pet and animal lovers, we put our heart and soul into our work – making a line of dehydrated whole foods, treats and supplements for dogs and cats. We've been one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work for 3 straight years. We're an approved member of Green America, which places a high priority on sustainability, green business and fair-trade. We use 100% organic grains, hormone/ antibiotic-free meats and non-GMO produce. All ingredients are guaranteed 100% Human Food Grade.
Our mission is to be the most respected pet food company by continually raising industry standards, serving wholesome, nutritious meals to our customers and enhancing their guardians’ awareness about all aspects of health. Each month, we donate a portion of the profits from our online sales to a non-profit animal welfare, humanitarian or environmental organization.
Get a behind the scenes look at us on our Facebook Page