Careers at The Honest Kitchen
If you'd like to submit your resume please send it to email@example.com
TERRITORY SALES MANAGER - SOUTHEAST
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales, East
EXEMPTION STATUS: Salaried Exempt
DATE: October 2016
LOCATION: FL, SC, GA, NC or Southeastern US
The Territory Sales Manager reports directly to the Director of Sales. This position is instrumental in helping the Company hit or exceed its sales goals. This position is responsible for working with the Directors of Sales to execute the strategic direction set forth by the sales team initiatives.
SCOPE OF POSITION
The TSM’s primary responsibilities will focus on the following requirements. Additional requests will be made to support the team as necessary.
- While the TSM owns their region by executing account management strategies that facilitate long-term customer relationships with independent stores and key accounts, the “B and C” level accounts will be the responsibility of the dealer support team.
- Receive calls from various stores that may relate to sample needs, literature, swag and nutritional information. Once those requests have been received, the TSM will follow through with the Distributors or handle directly with THK to make sure the requests are handled. (Note: There will be an administrative person who handles the actual shipping of any items sent out from THK.)
- The TSM will be given responsibility of a number of stores that will be contacted for sales and customer service opportunities. \
- The TSM will be accountable for promoting the company’s products in accordance with corporate objectives, formulating and executing company marketing/sales plans designed to increase sales, promote products and image in the marketplace.
- Develop plans to improve sales and market share; provide monthly progress reports.
- Provides accurate and timely forecasting of sales and the corresponding allocation of sales support resources.
- Secure new customers and expanding the scope of the existing customer base.
- Ability to evaluate market development opportunities through qualitative, quantitative and analytical methods.
- Create and manage programs to track and improve the existing line of products.
- Responsible for meeting growth objectives around gross margin and volume.
- Ensures adherence to Company policies, procedures, and strategic initiatives.
- Improves metrics on sales and sales funnel closing ratios.
- Optimize sales cycle management.
- Keep Management appraised through verbal and documented reports on sales volume, competitive activity, growth and expansion progress.
- Requires strong analytical, communication, and customer service skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills and is a quick learner.
- Outstanding organization and follow up skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail and goes the extra mile to see things through.
- Experience with computer systems, including but not limited to CRM, marketing automation ERP (SAP) – preferred, and Windows.
- Must be proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and other Windows based systems.
- Must love animals.
- Demonstrated experience in meeting and/or exceeding sales targets as an individual contributor and team member.
- BA or BS college degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in working in sales or business development.
- Experienced in developing and deploying training programs.
- Knowledgeable in sales analysis and reporting
- Worked in an entrepreneurial environment.
Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Dealing with Ambiguity - Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Learning on the Fly - Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
Composure - Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn't show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
Decision Quality - Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
Developing Direct Reports and Others - Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
Directing Others - Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
Informing - Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
Managing and Measuring Work - Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
Managing Vision and Purpose - Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
Motivating Others - Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person's hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
Peer Relationships - Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
Planning - Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
Priority Setting - Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
If you'd like to submit your resume please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Honest Kitchen:
As a team of pet and animal lovers, we put our heart and soul into our work – making a line of dehydrated whole foods, treats and supplements for dogs and cats. We've been one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work for 5 straight years. We're an approved member of Green America, which places a high priority on sustainability, green business and fair-trade. We use 100% organic grains, hormone/ antibiotic-free meats and non-GMO produce. All ingredients are guaranteed 100% Human Food Grade.
Get a behind the scenes look at us on our Facebook Page.