Careers at The Honest Kitchen
Regional Sales Manager – Canada
Regional Sales Manager – Canada
We are seeking a high energy professional with prior pet industry experience to provide support to customers, by sharing in-depth knowledge at the store level and balancing the needs of stores with effective communication, development and management of distributor relationships and systems. The Regional Sales Manager will report directly to the VP of Sales and lead our efforts in Canada to accomplish business objectives and defined sales goals.
As an integral member of the sales team, you will be actively supporting the company’s overall goals in a manner that exemplifies our mission. Key focus of this role includes developing and managing sales plans, executing sales and promotional programs at the retail and distribution level, identifying and training product demo reps and utilizing trade spend to proactively set up new accounts and grow same-store sales with innovative, brand-compatible promotions.
Desired Skills and Experience:
This position is ideally suited to an individual who has a successful sales management background in the pet industry and is energized by a new challenge. Additional requirements include:
- 2-4 years of a successful track record in sales and business development, selling in three tier distribution system (distributor, retailer and consumer) with at least 1-2 years of experience in sales management, leading, and motivating field sales teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management or equivalent experience.
- Travel Requirements: 75%
- Able to establish and build strong relationships with retail store owners/managers by understanding and responding to their issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Effective team building and relationship management skills with direct reports and customers.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly convey information, generate ideas and quickly resolve issues.
- Organizational agility and creative problem solver.
- Excellent collaborative, team building and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Be a fast learner and have an existing understanding of the 'indie' novel pet foods category (raw, freeze dried and dehydrated products).
- Understand and embrace our 'no sales to puppy mill stores' policy
- Must love dogs and cats! Candidates should also have a passion for the pet industry and for natural nutrition.
If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your prior relevant experience and accomplishments. Sorry, but resumes without a cover letter, or from candidates without a proven track record will not be considered for this position. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
About The Honest Kitchen:
As a team of pet and animal lovers, we put our heart and soul into our work – making a line of dehydrated whole foods, treats and supplements for dogs and cats. We've been one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work for 3 straight years. We're an approved member of Green America, which places a high priority on sustainability, green business and fair-trade. We use 100% organic grains, hormone/ antibiotic-free meats and non-GMO produce. All ingredients are guaranteed 100% Human Food Grade.
Our mission is to be the most respected pet food company by continually raising industry standards, serving wholesome, nutritious meals to our customers and enhancing their guardians’ awareness about all aspects of health. Each month, we donate a portion of the profits from our online sales to a non-profit animal welfare, humanitarian or environmental organization.
Get a behind the scenes look at us on our Facebook Page
earn honest kitchen bucks!
Refer-a-friend to our healthy pet food by sharing a special offer for a discount sample bundle. If they complete their order using the coupon you will receive a 100 reward points to use for treats, swag and food!» refer your friends