November 5, 2009
- 2 cups of Honest Kitchen Dehydrated Dog Food
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup of cooked, mashed sweet potato or squash of your choice
- ½ cup of cooked parsnips, finely diced
- 3/4 cup of diced ham or ground meat
- ¼ cup grated Gruyere cheese
- ¼ cup of dried cranberries
- 4 tbsp Applesauce
- 1 ½ cups warm meat broth (low sodium, if commercial)
What To Do
Hydrate the food using the warm meat broth. Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk lightly. Mix in the applesauce, ham and cheese.
Mix the sweet potato or squash into the hydrated food, along with the parsnips &cranberries. Add the egg mix to the Sweet Potato mix and combine thoroughly.
Spread in a thin layer onto a well greased baking sheet. Grate a little extra cheese on top if desired and cook at 300 F for about 60 minutes or until the top is slightly dried and slightly crispy. Cool thoroughly and cut into squares to serve. For firmer treats, divide the mix into teaspoon sized drops and space evenly on a baking sheet, flattening gently with the spoon.