September 26, 2013
These treats are quick and easy to make and are suitable for most sensitive pets.
Note: Oats are naturally gluten free, although they can contain minor traces of gluten which are picked up during the production process, since they’re usually rolled in mills that also handle other grains. This means they’re not always suitable for people who have severe gluten intolerance / celiac, but they’re generally just fine for pets (who don’t suffer with true Celiac disease).
- 1 cup Honest Kitchen Force™ (for dogs) or Prowl™ (for cats) dehydrated food*
- 1 cup ground chicken
- 1 cup canned (unsweetened) or fresh cooked pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 small handful of instant oats
*Note: You do not need to hydrate the food. The moisture from the meat, eggs and pumpkin will hydrate it enough.
What to do
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix equal parts of the Force/Prowl and pumpkin together in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add in the chicken, oats and egg, and mix until well blended.
- Shape into balls of a size appropriate for your dog or cat, flatten slightly with your hands, and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden on the outside, but soft in the middle.
- Cool, and then call in the hounds.
These treats will store for about a week in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.