October 18, 2011
· 1 cup Love™ dehydrated dog food
· 1 cup lean ground turkey
· ½ cup mashed, cooked pumpkin
· ½ cup apple sauce
· Pinch of cinnamon
· 1 egg
What to do
· Preheat the oven to 375°F
· Hydrate the Love™ with 1 cup of warm water. Stir thoroughly.
· Mix in the turkey. Add the pumpkin, apple sauce and cinnamon.
· Beat the egg in a cup, and add that to the rest of the ingredients.Stir well.
· Using your hands, scoop out small (marble to golf ball size, depending on the size of your dog) quantities of the mixture and shape into slightly flattened balls. Place directly onto a greased baking sheet.
· Bake for 40 minutes for the smaller sized treats and up to 55 minutes for the larger treats). Cook thoroughly before serving.
· Halloween Love Bites can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week, or frozen if preferred. For a crispier version, try making tiny treats and leave them in the oven for several hours after switching it off, for the treats to dry out more.