January 29, 2014
These simple burgers make a great treat or mealtime topper for dogs and cats. They’re baked, not fried, but can also be served raw if preferred. Take care to clean all equipment used for raw meat products.
1 lb ground beef (preferably grass-fed)
1 cup fresh chard, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed (optional)
2 tbsp dried Italian herbs
1 free range egg
What To Do
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a large baking sheet
2. Place the ground beef into a large mixing bowl and break up with a wooden spoon or your hands.
3. Mix in the chopped chard, garlic (if using) and dried herbs.
4. Crack the egg into a small bowl and beat, using a fork or whisk.
5. Pour the egg into the bowl and stir thoroughly so that everything is combined.
6. Using your hands or two tablespoons, divide the mixture into patties of a size appropriate for your dog and place onto a clean plate.
7. Place the burgers onto a non-stick baking sheet, about 1” apart and flatten slightly with your hands.
8. Bake for about 14 to 28 minutes (longer baking time for larger burgers).