November 5, 2009
Juicing is an easy way to meet your daily requirements for fruits and veggies and to consume some raw foods. It’s also a great thing to share with your pet as they can also reap some benefits. Here are some fruits and veggies we like and the benefits associated with them.
- Beets: purifies blood, alleviates constipation, aids the liver
- Celery: heals wounds, alleviates constipation, reduces liver congestion
- Carrots: supports lungs, spleen, pancreas, and liver
- Apples: eases thirst, reduces fever, eases dry, hot lungs (green apples also cleanse the liver)
- Pineapple: aids in digestion of starches and protein, relieves chronic lung congestion, and has anti-inflammatory properties
What To Do
In the last few years juicing has become quite mainstream, so it’s pretty easy to find juicers or pre-made 100% juice with no added sugars.