February 13, 2014
It's cold outside! Christin and Blue make a healthy chicken & quinoa soup for dogs and cats using Ice Pups Treats. This homemade recipe will warm your pets right up!
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 small cooked skinless chicken breast
1 medium zucchini
10 baby carrots or 2-3 regular sized carrots
1 ½ cups cooked quinoa
4 packets of Ice Pups
32 oz of filtered water
Couple of tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Heat pan to medium high and add coconut oil.
- Add chopped carrots and sauté for about 4 minutes till they get soft.
- About 2 minutes in, add the chopped zucchini and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- In a medium size stock pot, add the water and bring to a low boil.
- Once boiling, add the packets of Ice Pups and stir.
- Add carrots and zucchini to broth and turn heat down to a simmer.
- Shred the chicken breast and add to broth along with the quinoa.
- Stir and turn off heat so soup cools down to room temperature.
- Garnish with parsley if you want and serve to your pup or cat to warm them up!