November 5, 2009
This recipe produces about 1200 calories, good for a 50 lb dog of moderate activity.
- 3 Cups Venison, raw ground or muscle meat
- ¼ cup spinach, fresh
- ¼ cup broccoli florets, fresh
- ¼ cup romaine lettuce, fresh
- ¼ cup barley grass or wheat grass, fresh
- ½ cup sweet potato, fresh
- 2 tbsp cod liver oil
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp molasses (or honey)
- 1 cup plain yogurt, regular (or kefir)
What To Do
Cut the venison into small, bite-sized pieces and set aside. Cut all the greens into small pieces and place on a microwave safe plate. Cover with a wet paper towel and steam in the microwave, low heat, for about 30 seconds.
Steam the sweet potato until soft.
Add the greens and sweet potato to the meat. Add the cod liver oil, molasses and flaxseed meal and stir well, making sure the ingredients are well mixed so the dog can’t leave the greens behind. Divide into two meals. Add half the yogurt to each meal when serving.