- 0 items in your cart
- your subtotal:
how we make dehydrated pet food
Our all natural dehydrated whole foods are natural and healthy – and taste delicious!
There’s a lot we do (and a lot we don’t do) when we make our pet food, to ensure it stays natural and human grade from the farm, all the way to your pet’s bowl. Our foods are made in a human food facility, not in a pet food plant, which means they’re held to the same quality standards as the food you eat.
The most obvious visual difference between The Honest Kitchen’s diets and canned or extruded foods, is the vibrant colors that remain intact through the gentle process of dehydration. Numerous studies have highlighted the importance of the bright pigments that exist in fresh fruits and vegetables. These vivid substances are potent phytonutrients–antioxidants, which are highly beneficial for total health and well-being. The enzyme content of dehydrated food is also much higher than conventional pet food.
Here’s how we do it!
- Our ingredients are purchased directly from suppliers we trust, in the human food business. We’ve worked with many of the same suppliers since we began in 2002.
- The ingredients are harvested at the peak of their ripeness, then washed and trimmed to size (our root vegetables are finely diced to ensure they’re easy to digest).
- Moisture is removed by gently dehydrating each ingredient. This slow process is much gentler than cooking, canning or extruding and helps protect the nutrition that mother nature put in each ingredient.
- The finished product is a compact, nutrient-dense blend of whole food that tastes and smells delicious.
- When you rehydrate our natural pet foods with pure warm water, the color, taste, texture and smell closely resembles fresh foods. We know, because we taste-test everything we make!
How Our Food Is Made
Meats and fish
Potatoes & grains
Vegetables and fruits
Sully is crazy about Zeal and not a drop remains in his bowl when he's done.
Perfect Form works wonders on Bebe & Brutus’ sensitive tummies.
My cat, Alo, will do anything for Wishes treats. And so does my dog, Molly!