January 6, 2010
Thank you all for making 2009 such a memorable year for the Honest Kitchen!
What happened in 2009?
- We switched to sustainably & humanely farmed, free-range chicken! Our chicken now comes from Petaluma Poultry in Northern California.
- Founder Lucy Postins wrote, “Made out of Love”, a book of recipes to prepare for (and sometimes share with) your pet companions. 10% of book profits will go to the Morris Animal Foundation.
- We unveiled a completely redesigned website! And, T-shirts to show off your Honest Kitchen love!
- The Honest Kitchen was on the Food Network’s hit show Will work for Food!
- True to our values of giving back, we supported: Rolling Dog Ranch, North Shore Animal League, the Animal Welfare Institute, Doctors without Borders, Heifer International and National Mill Dog Animal Rescue.
- Jenna had a baby, Archie, on February 9th & Carla was married on August 7th!
- We welcomed six new office pups and official taste testers! Brutus, Taro, Moe Moe, Indie, Ollie and Abba.
Pictured below, in their New Year’s getup, are: Taro, Ollie, Abba, Spenny, Wilow, Makai and Charlie. Click here for a behind the scenes picture!
- We also hired six new pet food enthusiasts! Kat, Steve, Michael, Carmen, Rachel and Ed to assist with our day to day operations and customer service.
What’s coming up in 2010?
- Our first Customer Rewards Program will launch in February.
- We’re starting a local San Diego Meetup group!
- Raquel, our Reseller Customer Service Consultant, is going to grad school. We will miss her around the office and wish her well!
- More product launches! While many are still in the works, we can tell you that you will see more medicinal teas this year and a new grain-free recipe!