May 8, 2012
We’ve received a number of inquiries from customers in the past few days, asking whether our foods have been involved in the most recent recalls of pet food products made by Diamond.
Our foods are not made by Diamond, and have not been recalled. Our foods aren’t actually made in a pet food plant; they are made in a human food facility in IL that makes foods like breakfast cereals, and bakery & pancake mixes for people.
Our production takes place under FDA inspection according to human food safety standards. We’re very demanding when it comes to the quality and integrity of our raw ingredients and finished products and feel we have an excellent Quality Control system in place – even having humans taste our products during QC to make sure they’re just right.
Our plant is registered and inspected by the FDA and already conforms to the new HACCP food safety regulations and established GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) that all food production companies will have to conform to soon.
Our suppliers provide comprehensive spec sheets and certification to verify that every lot of raw ingredients we buy, has been tested clear of salmonella, E-coli, listeria, as well as testing for contamination with heavy metals (lead, arsenic and mercury), melamine, yeast and mold, & pesticide residues, when appliccable, before it even enters our plant.
Click here to learn about our newest Vendor Pledges.
- Our foods undergo comprehensive re-testing as part of our Quality Control program. Finished products are tested on a routine basis for:
- Bacteria including: salmonella, E-coli, coliform and listeria,
- Yeast and mold,
- Contaminants such as heavy metals & melamine, and
- Verification of pH and proximates (protein, fat, fiber and moisture).
- We also conduct regular random testing to ensure various other nutrient values for vitamins and minerals, are within the correct and guaranteed parameters.
Quality Control Spec Sheets
Please see our quality control spec sheet for all food diets below.
Please let us know if you have any questions – we’re here to help.