Even if it’s not Halloween, you can make your dog these delectable treats.
They’re grain free (which means they’re suitable for pups with gluten sensitivities), and pumpkin and ginger are both incredibly soothing to upset tummies. This and lots of other yummy recipes for dogs can be found in my new book, Dog Obsessed.
Halloween Pumpkin Ginger Nibblers for Pups
- 1 cup Honest Kitchen Love dog food
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup mashed, cooked pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil.
- In a large glass bowl, hydrate the Love with the warm water. Stir thoroughly. Mix in the ground beef. Add the pumpkin, honey, cream cheese, ginger, and egg. Stir well to combine.
- Using your hands, scoop out small quantities of the mixture and shape it into balls. (Depending on the size of your dog, these could range in size from marbles to golf balls). Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet and flatten them gently. Bake smaller treats for 30 minutes and larger treats for up to 45 minutes.
- Allow the treats to cool and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or freeze them, if you'd prefer. For a crispier version, try making tiny treats and leaving them in the oven for several hours after switching it off, which will allow the treats to dry out more.
For the 1/2 cup of cooked, mashed pumpkin, you may use canned pumpkin.