Recipe: Fresh Breath Treats
Add an extra dose of immune-boosting nutrients to your dog’s diet while freshening up their breath.
The carrot in the recipe helps scrape out the plaque buildups in your dog mouth, as well as triggering an increased production of bacteria-fighting saliva. The parsley has high levels of chlorophyll, which contains antibacterial and deodorizing properties. This is a treat you can enjoy (no more stinky dog breath in your face) as much as your pup!
Fresh Breath Treats
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats (gluten-free)
- 1.5 cups fresh parsley, loosely packed and finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- 1 large egg, beaten (see below for dogs with egg allergies)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted (unrefined, extra-virgin is best)
For dogs with allergies to egg, substitute one large egg with 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce