Banana and Coconut Dog Treats
A taste of the tropics in every delicious bite.Are you feeling brave? Brave enough to try this amazingly tasty dog treat recipe? Because The Honest Kitchen's Limited Ingredient Fish Recipe (Brave) is made with MSC certified Pollock and organic coconut, we wanted to combine it with ingredients that would bring out its natural goodness. Gluten-free coconut and oat flour, coconut water, a ripe banana, and chia seeds make this the perfect treat for pooches with sensitive stomachs.
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 cup coconut flour
1 cup coconut water
1/2 cup gluten free oat flour
2/3 cup The Honest Kitchen's Limited Ingredient Fish Recipe
1 banana (mashed)
Preheat oven to 330?F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Add flours, chia seeds, and dehydrated food in a large bowl and combine well.
- Mash banana in small bowl with fork and add to dry formula.
- Gradually add coconut water to mixture and stir. Keep adding water until a moist dough is formed.
- Put a small ball of dough in the middle of a cutting-board size of parchment paper. Fold paper in half with dough still in the middle. Using a rolling pin, roll dough out to ½ to ¼ inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutters and place on cookie sheets. Repeat until all the dough is used up.
- Place in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2-3 hours on cooling racks.
- Store in airtight containers and keep in refrigerator or freezer.
If your local grocery store doesn’t carry gluten free oat flour, make your own. Just add 1 cup of gluten free oats to a blender, and blend until the oats turn into a fine powder.