Carrot Delight Dog Treat Recipe
What's up, dog? Carrots aren't just for rabbits—dogs love 'em, too.Carrots aren't just a side dish—they can also be used in dog treats. What makes carrot so delightful for dogs? This root veggie is complete with fiber, antioxidants, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K and beta-carotene, all of which are part of a healthy, balanced diet. They also help keep skin and eyesight in tip-top shape. Plus, carrots are low in calories, making them a great addition as a main ingredient to a treat recipe.
- flax seed meal
- the honest kitchen's Veggie, Nut &
- Seed Base Mix
- vegetable broth
- vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine buckwheat flour, base mix, ginger, and flax seed.
- Add egg, oil, broth, and carrot. Mix well to form a moist but firm dough.
- Knead dough on a floured surface. Roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out using cookie cutter and place on lined or non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes and cool on racks.
- Keep treats in an air-tight container and store in freezer or refrigerator.
Because the dough is moist, it may stick to the rolling pin. Spray the pin with oil spray to keep the dough on the countertop.