THK Apple Loaf
A gluten-free apple loaf recipe that’ll make your dog drool!You’d swear it was an apple cinnamon candle burning in your kitchen. But it’s not—it's our Gluten Free Apple Loaf and it’s just for dogs. Thanks to applesauce, this gluten-free loaf is moist, delicious, and a little sweet. You’ll feel good about giving your pooch this wholesome homemade seasonal treat that comes complete with a crisp, cinnamon and apple topping.
1 cup apple sauce
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tbsp cinnamon
2 cups flour
1 tsp Honey
The Honest Kitchen’s Grain Free Chicken Recipe
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp vegetable oil
½ cup apple (diced)
- In a small mixing bowl, add the ingredients for the topping – diced apple, honey, and cinnamon. Stir well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add gluten free flour, dry food, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Combine well.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray loaf pan with non-stick oil.
- Add applesauce, vegetable oil, honey, vanilla extract, and eggs to large bowl and combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Spread the dough evenly in the loaf pan. Use a knife to ensure its spread flat. Sprinkle topping on top of loaf.
- Place in oven and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Flip loaf pan over and gently pat the bottom of the pan until the apple loaf comes out. Let it cool on racks for about an hour.
- Cut into slices and serve. The rest of the loaf should be sealed in a container and kept in the fridge.
To ensure the loaf is baked completely, insert a toothpick into the middle of the loaf. If it comes out clean, it’s ready to come out.