Peanut Butter Buckwheat Dog Treats
A super treat made with a superfood!A fruit seed that’s considered a “superfood,” buckwheat flour is a terrific gluten-free substitute that perfect for baking. Buckwheat flour is low on the glycemic scale, making it a great option for dogs with diabetes, and it contains a significant amount of soluble fiber for pooches with digestive issues. If you’re looking for new gluten-free flour for your homemade dog treats, try these Peanut Butter Buckwheat Dog Treats, complete with The Honest Kitchen’s Limited Ingredient Duck Recipe.
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp peanut butter
½ cup The Honest Kitchen's Limited Ingredient Duck Recipe
¼ cup water
1 ½ cups buckwheat flour
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix buckwheat flour and dry food together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and honey.
- Pour olive oil and honey mixture into the flour and stir. Add egg and peanut butter and stir until well combined.
- Knead dough with hands to thoroughly mix the ingredients together. Add water a bit at a time to help the dough come together.
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper on a flat surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut treats out with cookie cutter and place on baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on racks.
- Store in fridge or freezer in airtight container.
The dough will be moist--spray rolling pin with oil so the dough won’t stick to the pin.