Peppermint and Molasses Dog Treats
To get your dog in an even merrier mood, try whipping up a batch of these Peppermint and Molasses Holiday Dog Treats. Giving it the taste of the season is a touch of peppermint, while the molasses adds true yuletide spirit. For a digestive boost, we’ve added Instant Goat's Milk to the recipe, which is a natural supplement that’s packed with probiotics and digestive enzymes. Happy holidays to you and your pets!
- olive oil
- peanut butter
- peppermint extract
- the honest kitchen's Instant Goat's Milk
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, Goat'
- s Milk, molasses, peanut butter, water, olive oil and peppermint extract until well combined. Use your hands to mix if necessary.
- Kneed mixture on a floured surface and roll out to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with festive cookie cutters and place on non-stick cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cool on wire rack for 2-3 hours. Store treats in a sealed container and refrigerate or freeze.
I used some dog-friendly candy melts to add a bit of festive flavor. This step is optional.