Recipe: Strawberry Sensation Dog Treats
Strawberries are a healthy treat for dogs—so why not add them in a recipe?You know that summer is almost here when a bounty of strawberries starts to make its way into local grocery stores…or if you're lucky, even your own garden! These sweet berries pack a tasty and healthy punch for humans and dogs alike. And that's why they're the star of our Strawberry Sensation Dog Treat Recipe. Also added into the mix: a banana and The Honest Kitchen's Instant Goat's Milk to give these cookies a bonus boost for your dog's gut.
1 ¼ cup buckwheat flour
¼ cup oat flour
½ cup strawberries
1tsp The Honest Kitchen’s Instant Goat's Milk
¼ cup whole grain rolled oats
¼ cup almond milk
Put banana and strawberries in a blender. Mix until smooth. Set aside.
In a large bowl, add buckwheat flour, oat flour, whole grain rolled oats, and Instant Goat's Milk. Mix until combined.
- Add strawberry and banana mixture, and almond milk to the dry mixture. Stir until dough is moist but firm, knead with hands if necessary.
- On a parchment paper lined surface, roll out dough to ¼ thickness. Cut with cookie cutters and place on cookie sheets.
- Place cookies in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and place on cooling rack overnight.
- Store cookies in airtight container or bag and keep in refrigerator or freezer.
If you don't have almond milk, you can substitute 1/4 cup of water instead.