Sweet Peanut Butter and Banana Dog Treats
It’s a PB & B treat for your furry best friend!I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Whether they’re a quick and easy snack or a comfort meal, PB & B really hits the spot. And it was this sandwich that inspired this Sweet Peanut Butter and Banana dog treat recipe. To sweeten the deal, these homemade goodies also feature honey, wheat bran, and The Honest Kitchen's Perfect Form Digestive Supplement. They’re easy to make and you probably have all the ingredients you need already in your pantry!
2 cups buckwheat flour
¼ cup honey
⅓ cup peanut butter
1 tbsp Perfect Form
½ cup wheat bran
1 banana (mashed)
Preheat oven to 300°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mash banana in small bowl.
- Stir together the egg, peanut butter, banana, and honey in a large bowl and blend thoroughly.
- Stir in the buckwheat flour, Perfect Form and wheat bran, and mix well.
- Turn dough out onto a floured countertop and roll out to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into shapes with a cookie cutter, and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake treats in oven for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 3 to 4 hours.
- Place in an airtight container or bag and keep in refrigerator or freezer until needed.
I used dog-safe candy melts for the cookie decoration that I bought in bulk. I find that these melts are cheaper than the ones found in craft stores and just as good.