Bacon and Pumpkin Dog Treats
A little bit of bacon goes a long way in these tasty treats.Treats are for special occasions or for a job well done. And for a dog, the most irresistible treat of all is…bacon! Just like us, bacon shouldn't be an everyday food group. You treat yourself for brunch or a breakfast in bed. For your dog, you can put it in these homemade treats, complete with pumpkin puree, peanut butter, and The Honest Kitchen’s Limited Ingredient Duck Recipe. It’s a taste of bacon, without the side of hash browns and coffee!
2 cups gluten-free flour
2 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup The Honest Kitchen's Limited Ingredient Duck
1/2 tsp turmeric
3 strips bacon
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Fry bacon to desired crispiness. Remove from frying pan and place in between 2 paper towels. Dab off excess grease and allow bacon to cool.
- In large bowl, add gluten-free flour, turmeric, and Limited Ingredient Duck Recipe. Stir together.
- Add egg, peanut butter, and pumpkin puree to the bowl. Mix until combined.
- When bacon has cooled, crumble into small pieces and add to the mix in the bowl. Mix until all ingredients until combined.
- On a floured surface, roll dough to ¼ inch thickness and cut into shapes with cookie cutters. Place on cookie sheets.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling racks.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer in an airtight container.
If you find the mixture too dry (the dough doesn’t stick together), add water as needed.