Banana, Apple & Turkey (BAT) Dog Treat
We've taken a diner staple and given it a dog-friendly makeover!A lunchtime favorite for many is a BLT—bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich. It’s not something you’d give to your dog as a treat…besides, it’s all mine! That’s why we created the dog-friendly version of the sandwich, but in a dog treat. Presenting the BAT—banana, apple and turkey dog treat! Dogs love apples and bananas, and powered with The Honest Kitchen's Grain Free Turkey Recipe, your pooch will order this snack from the menu whenever he’s visiting the kitchen!
1 banana (mashed)
1 tbsp brewer’s yeast
2 cups buckwheat flour
1 tbsp flax seed meal
1 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup The Honest Kitchen's Grain Free Turkey Recipe
1 apple (grated)
Preheat oven to 350°F. You’ll need 2 non-stick cookie sheets ready to go.
- In a small bowl, combine apple, banana, and olive oil. Combine well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine Brewer’s yeast, flax seed meal, baking powder, dry food, and buckwheat flour. Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry and combine into a firm dough.
- Sprinkle countertop with flour and roll out dough to ¼ inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutters and place on nonstick cookie sheets.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on racks for 2-3 hours.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Leave the skin on the apple when grating it. Just watch out for the seeds: make sure they don't get into the dough, as they can be toxic to dogs.