Blackberry Valentine's Treat Recipe
Have a heart and bake some treats that are great for your dog's heart.My heart belongs to my dog. Yes, I show my love all year round, but on February 14th, he’s treated to a little extra affection. This year, I’m proving my human devotion with The Honest Kitchen Blackberry Dog Treats. I can find blackberries in my grocery store all year long, which is a good thing. Blackberries come packed with antioxidants to fight free radicals, and also offer the benefits of fiber and an array of vitamins. We’ve also included rolled oats, which are known as a warming grain that helps strengthen the spleen, pancreas, immune systems and the heart.
2 cups flour
1/8 cup peanut butter
1 cup rolled oats
½ tbsp Perfect Form
¼ cup water
1 cup blackberries (fresh or frozen)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a blender, mix blackberries and egg for one minute. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, rolled oats, peanut butter, and Perfect Form.
- Add blender contents to dry mix and combine until a stiff dough forms. Use water as needed.
- Roll out dough to ¼ inch thickness on floured surface. Cut using Valentine’s cookie cutters and place on cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Turn off oven and let treats sit in warm oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on cooling racks for 2-4 hours.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer in an air-tight container.
If your dog doesn’t like blackberries or your grocery store is out of them, replace with raspberries, strawberries or blueberries. The treats will turn out just as well.