Carob Chip and Banana Gluten Free Dog Muffins
Give your dog a sweet treat with a taste of carob.We all know that chocolate is dangerous for dogs…but did you know that carob makes an awesome substitute? Carob is a sweet and safe treat for dogs, and that’s why we’ve added it to our Carob Chip and Banana Gluten Free Dog Muffins with Goat Milk. Carob contains a naturally sweet flavor, similar to chocolate, but it also contains a variety of healthy nutrients such as vitamins A, B, and D as well as calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, and protein.
1/3 cup Carob chips
1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
1/2 tbsp honey
1 ripe banana (mashed)
1 tbsp the honest kitchen’s Goat's Milk
1 cup water
1/2 tbsp Baking powder
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray muffin tin with oil.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed banana, egg, honey, and water. Mix well until combined.
- Add flour, Goat Milk, and baking powder to wet mixture and stir until the dough comes together.
- Add carob chips into muffin dough and mix until well combined.
- Scoop muffin dough into a greased muffin pan – fill each mold 2/3 full.
- Bake muffins for 25 minutes, or until browned on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container, and keep in fridge or freezer.
Before you take the muffins out of the oven, poke one in the middle with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, they’re ready to come out.