Cheese and Apple Dog Muffins
Muffins are marvelous when you add some cheddar cheese and apples!If your dog is intolerant to gluten, he or she often misses out on homemade treats. But you can make something your pooch will be begging for with these Cheese and Apple Gluten Free Dog Muffins. Cheddar cheese brings out the sweetness in the apple, turning this muffin into the best thing since apple pie! Don’t wait for the weekend to whip up a batch—these tasty treats can be enjoyed all week long.
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 ½ cups flour
¼ cup gluten-free oats
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp The Honest Kitchen's Perfect Form
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ cup water
½ cup yogurt
1 apple (shredded)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat muffin pan molds with a thin layer of non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl combine flour, gluten free oats, Perfect Form, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl, blend together yogurt, water, vegetable oil, honey, and eggs. Once mixed, stir in apple and cheese.
- Add wet cheese mixture to the flour mixture, and stir until fully mixed.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin tin molds until 3/4 full.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Turn tins upside down to remove muffins. Let cool on racks.
- Place in an airtight container and keep in fridge and freezer.
Before you take the muffins out of the oven, poke one in the middle with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, they’re ready to come out.