Chicken Jerky for Dogs
Dogs love jerky—and homemade jerky tastes even better!
If you want to make sure what you feed your dog is perfect for him, you make your own! And these jerky strips have a little some special—little dusting of The Honest Kitchen's Instant Turkey Bone Broth powder. This formula features dehydrated turkey, dehydrated pumpkin, dried parsley, turmeric—all of which give these jerky strips an extra kick!
If you want all the benefits of this jerky recipe, but are in a hurry, try our Jerky Harvest Mini Bars instead.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp The Honest Kitchen Instant Turkey Bone Broth
1 lb chicken breast
Preheat oven to 250ºF.
- Grease wire rack with olive oil and place on top of a cookie sheet (this allows the air to circulate as the chicken is dehydrating)
- Slice chicken into strips about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle each strip with a pinch of the honest kitchen Instant Turkey Bone Broth.
- Place chicken slices on a rack.
- Place cookie sheets with strips in oven and cook for 2 hours.
- Flip strips over at the 2-hour mark and continue to dehydrate in the oven for another 45 minutes, or until fully crisp.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Keep in an air tight container in refrigerator.
- Check the chicken stripes after an hour and then every thirty minutes or so. Adjust the time as necessary.