Frozen 'Ice Cream' Cake Recipe
THIS DELICIOUS FROZEN ALTERNATIVE TO ICE CREAM CAKE FOR DOGS IS A SUMMER MUST-HAVE
One of our favorite ways to celebrate a Summer birthday is with a cold, creamy ice cream cake. So we thought, how can we make a version that is dog-friendly? After a few tries (and a couple fails) we crafted simple-yet-striking frozen cake recipe that will give your dog all the delight of an ice cream cake, without any of the bad stuff. The best part? It takes only a few minutes of effort to make—so it's perfect for your next birthday celebration.
This recipe is for one mini-cake, but we suggest you use a silicon cake pan like this, and multiply the recipe by the amount of cakes you plan to make.
Prepare your Instant Goat's Milk as directed. Fill the first tier of each mini-cake mold and freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove the pan from the freezer. Check that the first layer is frozen. Then, fill the second tier of each mold with your choice of Pumpkin Pour Over. Return the pan to the freezer for one hour.
- Immediately after you place the pan in the freezer, prepare the Dehydrated Gourmet Grains recipe as directed. Leave this out on the counter for the entire hour so that is has time to cool.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and fill the last layer with the cooled Gourmet Grains recipe. Return to the freezer and freeze until completely solid (likely another 1-2 hours).
- Once frozen solid, remove from the freezer and decorate with Parmesan Pecks to your pup'
- s preference. If your pup can tolerate it, you can also add a bit of whipped cream on top.