Gluten-Free Apple and Carrot Dog Treat Recipe
Bake up a dog treat that’s perfect for fall.What’s not to love about autumn? The leaves are falling, there’s crispness in the air, and the summer’s bounty is being harvested. It’s the perfect time to fill your home with the smell of apple and cinnamon, only this time, the homemade goodies are for your dog, not you! These dog treats include freshly picked apples and carrots, along with The Honest Kitchen's Limited Ingredient Duck Recipe, which adds cage-free duck and sweet potatoes to the mix.
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 large carrot (shredded)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 cup tapioca flour
¾ cup The Honest Kitchen's Limited Ingredient Duck Recipe
- water as needed
1 large apple (shredded)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Shred carrot and apple. Set aside in small bowl.
- In a large bowl, add flour, dry food, cinnamon, and sesame seeds. Mix well until combined.
- Add shredded carrot and apple, and egg to dry ingredients. Stir until combined. You may need to use your hands to knead the dough to ensure it is moist.
- Sprinkle buckwheat on the countertop. Roll out dough to ½ to ¼ inch thickness and cut with cookie cutters. Place on cookie sheets.
- Place sheets in oven and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on racks for 2 hours.
- Store in fridge or freezer in airtight container.
Spray your rolling pin with oil, so the dough won't stick to the pin.