Gluten-Free Carob and Molasses Dog Treats
Sticky and sweet—this dog treat recipe adds a bit of both to the mix.It’s time to get creative with gluten free. They can be just as tasty as regular treats for your pooch with food sensitivities. In this recipe, we’ve combined molasses and carob to give them a taste of sweetness, along with The Honest Kitchen's Grain Free Turkey Recipe, which contains cage-free turkey and antioxidant-rich produce.
1/4 cup Carob chips
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup dry powdered milk
1/4 cup molasses
1/3 cup The Honest Kitchen's Grain Free Turkey Recipe
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
2 cups brown rice flour
Preheat oven to 300° F. degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt carob chips in a double boiler. Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil to make the melted carob mixture smoother.
- In a large bowl, mix rice flour, coconut oil, dehydrated food, egg, cinnamon, molasses, powdered milk, and water together.
- Add melted carob to the mixture in the bowl. Combine into a moist dough – you may have to use your hands to get it to form into a ball.
- Roll out dough to ½ inch thickness on a rice-floured surface. Cut using cookie cutters and place on cookie sheets.
- Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool on rack, and store in an air-sealed container or zip lock bag in your refrigerator or freezer.
Carob can be tricky to melt. When you’re melting it, be sure to constantly stir it or it will burn.