Cheesy Cranberry Dog Treats
Cranberries and cheese make a perfect pair in this gluten free treat recipe.Did you know that cranberries are an excellent source of vitamins A, B1, B2, and C, and a great source of minerals? On top of that, these berries are rich in polyphenol antioxidants, which help boost your dog’s immune system. Plus, we threw in a bit of cheese, because no dog can resist its super powers!
¾ cup dried cranberries
½ cup grated cheddar cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
½ cup The Honest Kitchen’s Grain Free Turkey Recipe (dry food)
1 ¾ cup brown rice flour
Preheat oven to 325?F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or blender, add cranberries, eggs, cheese, water, and olive oil. Pulse until the mixture is combined (about 1 minute).
- In a large bowl, add flour and dry food, and stir. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and stir well. The dough will be crumbly, but will stick together when you roll into a ball.
- Take a small ball of dough and place in between parchment paper. Fold over dough, and roll out to ¼ inch thickness. Cut using cookie cutters and place treats on cookie sheets.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 1-2 hours.
Feel free to substitute fresh or frozen cranberries instead of the dried cranberries.