Gluten-Free Pumpkin and Apple Dog Treats
Homemade pumpkin treats that are scary good!It's pumpkin spice season and we’re hopping on the bandwagon with our Pumpkin and Apple Dog Treats. Pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling) is full of fiber and beta-carotene, and it helps keep your dog’s digestion running smoothly. Additionally, we’ve added a freshly picked apple—it’s harvest time, and there are so many varieties to choose from at the grocery store. Feel free to use whatever kind of apple you want; these treats will turn out scary good!
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cups gluten-free rice flour
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup The Honest Kitchen's Limited Ingredient Turkey Recipe
1 apple (shredded)
Preheat oven to 330°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix pumpkin puree and egg. Add in oil and shredded apple, and stir until well combined.
- In a large bowl, mix rice flour, flax seeds, dehydrated food, and cinnamon.
- Add wet mixture to dry. Mix until a stiff dough forms.
- Roll out dough to about 1/4" thick onto a gluten-free floured surface. Cut into desired shapes and place treats on lined sheet pans.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Place on cooling rack for 2-4 hours. Store in fridge or freezer in airtight container.
Gluten-free dough is notoriously sticky – spray your rolling pin with oil spray to keep the dough from sticking to it.