Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Dog Treats
A healthy lifestyle starts from the ground up.And with sweet potatoes, goodness comes from the ground! This root vegetable is a source of dietary fiber and contains vitamin B6, vitamin C, beta carotene, and manganese—all wonderful benefits for people and dogs. If you’re short on time and don’t want to cook and puree sweet potatoes from scratch to use in a dog treat, we’ve used a simple hack…using sweet potato baby food instead. You get all the goodness without all the work involved. And that saved time means you can spend more quality time with your dog!
1/4 cup quinoa flour
2 cups rice flour
2 4.5 oz fl jars sweet potato baby food
3/4 cup The Honest Kitchen's Limited Ingredient Duck Recipe
1/2 cup water
1 tsp dried parsley
Preheat oven to 320°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and combine.
- Because the dough is sticky, you’ll need to knead the dough with your hands. It should be moist (add more water/flour as needed).
- Roll tablespoon amounts of dough with your hands and place on cookie sheets. Flatten with fork.
- Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Take cookies out of oven and let cool on cooling racks. Store in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer.
Since this dough is sticky, wet your hands and the fork; this will keep the dough from sticking to your hands and to the fork.