Gluten-Free Thrive Banana and Chia Seed Dog Muffins
Muffins are marvelous—especially when they're made just for your dog!Bananas, and chia seeds, and bananas…oh my! There’s a lot of goodness packed into these pooch-perfect muffins. Not only do they contain The Honest Kitchen's Limited Ingredient Chicken Recipe, but these marvelous muffins are bursting with bananas and chia seeds. Chia seeds are a wonderful source of omega-6 fatty acids, which help to promote a healthy coat. Delicious muffins and a bright, shiny coat—that’s a win-win situation!
½ tsp baking soda
2 bananas (peeled and mashed)
1 cup brown rice flour
1 tbsp chia seeds
½ cup olive oil
¾ cup quinoa flour
⅓ cup Limited Ingredient Chicken Dehydrated Recipe
½ tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray or grease muffin pan with olive oil to ensure they don’t stick.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas with a fork.
- Add oil, eggs, and vanilla to bananas. Whisk together with a fork.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice flour, quinoa flour, dehydrated food, chia seeds, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the wet mixture to the flour and stir until combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a large spoon, fill the muffin cups about ¾ full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack, and serve when ready!
To make sure that muffins are cooked fully, insert a toothpick into the center of a muffin. If it comes out clean, the muffins are ready to come out.