Grain Free Chicken and Blueberry Dog Treats
My dog prefers treats to kibble or dry dog food.He’ll often leave his food bowl full until the end of the day…but pull out a treat, and he’s front and center! For me, combining his food into a treat makes perfect sense. I just add The Honest Kitchen's Grain Free Chicken Recipe with blueberries, pureed pumpkin, flax seed meal, spelt flour, and an egg for a convenient treat my pooch will always beg for.
¼ cup flaxseed meal
½ cup pureed pumpkin
2 cups spelt flour
⅓ cup Grain Free Chicken Dehydrated Recipe (dry food)
½ cup water
⅓ cup blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a blender or food processor, mix blueberries, pumpkin and egg until well combined.
- In a large bowl, add spelt flour, flax seed meal and Grain Free Chicken Recipe. Combine well.
- Add pureed contents into the dry mix. Knead into a stiff dough, and add water if necessary.
- Roll out on a floured surface to ¼ inch thickness and cut with cookie cutters. Place on parchment paper-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 30 minutes and let cool. Refrigerate or freeze in airtight bags or containers until needed.
If you don’t have a blender or food processor, you can mix the wet ingredients by hand. Use a fork to make sure the blueberries get mushed up properly.