Grain-Free Chicken Dog Treats
A grain-free treat that’s packed with force!Did you know that buckwheat isn’t wheat…it’s a seed! And when used as flour in a treat, it’s highly nutritious and gluten-free. Buckwheat flour boasts a rich, nutty flavor, and it helps with your dog’s digestion, liver function, and circulation. Combined with The Honest Kitchen’s Grain Free Chicken Recipe (Force), coconut oil, and turmeric, you’ve got a homemade dog treat that does a body good!
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 cup raspberries
1/3 cup The Honest Kitchen's Grain Free Chicken Recipe
2 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, lightly whip eggs using a fork or whisk. Set aside.
- In a blender, add raspberries and coconut oil. Blend for 30-50 seconds.
- In a large bowl, stir together buckwheat flour, Grain Free Chicken dehydrated food, and ground turmeric. Blend well.
- Add in the blended raspberries and coconut oil, and stir into the dry ingredients.
- Add egg to the mixture and stir.
Slowly add the chicken broth into the bowl until a dough is formed. Don't worry if it's a bit crumbly. It will stick together when molded into smaller balls.
- Line countertop with parchment paper. Roll out fist-sized dough balls to ¼ to ½ inch thickness and cut out cookies using cookie cutters.
- Place cookies on cookie sheet and place in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let harden overnight on cooling racks.
- Keep treats in airtight containers in fridge or freezer.
I find that grain—and gluten-free treats take less time to bake, so I lower the temperature and check on the baking treats every few minutes to ensure they don’t burn.