Grain-Free Embark Turkey Dog Treats
Have you ever used garbanzo bean flour (also known as chickpea flour) in your dog treat recipes?It smells savory, and it comes with a host of benefits that does a dog good. Garbanzo bean flour is high in protein and highly digestible. It’s also a wonderful source of folic acid and potassium, and includes iron, magnesium, zinc and phosphorus. Add some of The Honest Kitchen's Grain Free Turkey Recipe into the mix, and you’ve got yourself a well-rounded homemade dog treat!
- coconut flour
- coconut oil
- garbanzo bean flour
- ground turmeric
- the honest kitchen's Grain Free Turkey Recipe
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small pot over medium heat, bring the broth and coconut oil to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flours, brewer’s yeast, turmeric, parsley and dry food until well combined.
- Add broth and oil mixture to flour and mix well.
- Knead dough in bowl until a moist but firm dough forms.
- Break up dough into fist-size balls. On a piece of parchment paper, roll the dough into a ¼ to ½ thickness and cut with cookie cutters in desired shapes. Place on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
- Let cool on wire racks overnight to harden. Store in airtight containers in fridge or freezer, and use when needed.
If you don’t have any parchment paper, sprinkle your flat surface with either garbanzo bean flour or coconut flour, so the dough doesn’t stick to the counter.