Healthy Hearts Dog Treat Recipe
Your dog holds a special place in your heart.That’s why you should pay special attention to your dog’s heart health. Treat your pooch to these Healthy Heart cookies made with Honest Kitchen's Limited Ingredient Turkey Recipe. Full of heart-healthy ingredients like oats, flax seeds, and banana, these treats will get your dog’s heart racing!
¾ cup water
½ cup oats
1 cup ground flax seeds
2 cups rice flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp turmeric
¾ cup of The Honest Kitchen Grain Free Limited Ingredient Turkey Recipe, or recipe of your choice!
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mash banana in small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add rice flour, Grain Free Limited Ingredient Turkey Recipe, ground flax seeds, oats, turmeric and cinnamon. Combine well.
Add banana and egg to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Slowly add in water to the mixture. Kneed into a large ball of dough. It should be slightly sticky.
- Roll out onto a floured surface to ¼ inch thickness. Cut using cookie cutters and place on cookie sheets.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling racks for 1-2 hours.
- Store in air tight containers and keep in fridge or freezer.
Because the dough is sticky, stray the rolling pin with oil. That way, the dough won’t stick to the pin.