Honest Kitchen Cranberry Dog Treats
‘Tis the season to get baking! These homemade treats are packed with holiday joy and yumminess.Nothing smells as wonderful as a kitchen during the holidays. And while you’re baking up a storm, don’t forget all the nice dogs on your list. If you’re looking to add a personal touch to your holiday gift giving this year, give Honest Kitchen Cranberry Dog Treats a try. These homemade treats feature cranberries—a festive fruit that is great for your dog’s urinary tract health. To keep your dog’s stomach in top-top shape, this recipe includes The Honest Kitchen's Perfect Form Herbal Digestive Supplement, pureed pumpkin, shredded coconut and bran. They make perfect stocking stuffers!
½ cup dried cranberries
1 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup peanut or almond butter
¼ cup pureed pumpkin
¼ cup shredded coconut
2 cups spelt flour
1 tbsp The Honest Kitchen’s Perfect Form
½ cup water
½ cup bran
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- If needed, cut cranberries into small pieces (depending on size of cranberries and the size of the dog).
- Add spelt flour, bran, cinnamon, Perfect Form, shredded coconut and cranberries into large bowl and mix well.
- Add peanut or almond butter, pumpkin, egg and olive oil to dry ingredients. Combine well.
- Add water as needed until dough is formed.
- Flour countertop and roll out dough to ¼ inch thickness. Use holiday shapes to cut out festive cookies, and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Take out of oven and let cool on cooling racks for 3 to 4 hours.
- Store in air tight bags or containers fridge or freezer.
If you’re giving them out as presents, pick up some festive sandwich or bakeware bags at your local craft or dollar store. You don’t need to fill the bag to the top; five or six cookies per bag is plenty.