Honest Kitchen Pineapple Dog Treats
Let’s get tropical with a dog treat recipe that includes a pineapple punch!Pineapple makes a wonderful treat ingredient. Not only are they sweet, they’re also rich in fiber, minerals, Vitamin C, and Manganese—all of which will improve your dog’s immune system. Pineapples also contain Bromelain—this proteolytic enzyme helps your dog’s digestive system break down proteins more effectively and efficiently. On top of that, we’ve included flax seeds, coconut, and Honest Kitchen’s Perfect Form Herbal Digestive Supplement for an all-around homemade treat you’ll feel good about giving your dog.
2 ½ cups flour
14 fl oz crushed pineapple
¼ cup ground flax seeds
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup shredded coconut
1 tbsp the honest kitchen's Perfect Form
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple and egg. Mix well.
- Add coconut, flour, Perfect Form, rolled oats, and ground flax seeds, stirring until a sticky dough is formed.
- Because this is such a sticky dough, spoon it out in tablespoon portions on baking sheets. Space cookies 2 inches apart so they don’t stick together. Flatten lightly with fork or fingers.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for an hour.
- Store in air tight bags or container and keep in fridge or freezer until needed.
These are softer cookies, which makes them perfect for dogs with dental problems who can’t tolerate hard treats.