Honest Kitchen Spinach Dog Treat
It’s easy being green, thanks to this easy to make spinach dog treat.
Spinach does a dog’s body good—it’s full of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B, vitamin K, beta-carotene and plant crude fiber. And although our dogs won’t chow down on a salad, it doesn’t mean that they can’t benefit from its wonderful ingredients. By sneaking spinach into these treats, your dog won’t even know he’s eating a healthy vegetable. Bonus: they’ve also got peas, carrots, Brewer’s yeast and The Honest Kitchen's Whole Grain Beef Recipe!
1 cup oat flour
1 tbsp olive oil
½ cup pea/carrot medley
1 ½ cup spelt flour
½ cup spinach
⅓ cup Whole Grain Beef Dehydrated Recipe
¼ cup water
1/8 cup brewer’s yeast
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Puree the spinach, carrots, peas, egg, and water in a blender. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix oat flour, spelt flour, dry food, Brewer’s yeast, and olive oil until well combined.
- Pour the puree into bowl and mix well with the dry ingredients. Knead into a firm dough.
- Roll out dough to ¼ inch thickness onto floured countertop. Cut with cookie cutters and place on baking sheets.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2-3 hours. Store in airtight containers and keep in refrigerator or freezer.
You may need to spray your rolling pin with oil-based cooking spray so the dough doesn’t stick to it.