Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
This year marks my dog Ernie's 5th birthday!
I forgot his birthday last year so I wanted to be sure to make this year was extra special. To celebrate, Ernie joined his Leash Your Fitness running class on a trail run and celebrated after by sharing some pupcakes with his class.
Because Ernie is the pickiest dog I know, he personally taste tested this recipe to make sure it was up to par. I whipped up this birthday treat by using his usual food, The Honest Kitchen's Limited Ingredient Turkey Recipe (Marvel), with some added goodies. Complete with a Nuzzle on top, these pupcakes were a huge hit with Ernie's pack!
⅓ cup coconut flour
12 oz ground turkey, raw
1 ⅓ cup warm water
1 cup The Honest Kitchen’s Limited Ingredient Turkey Recipe
¼ cup cream cheese
¼ cup plain yogurt
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
12 Parmesan Pecks
Preheat the oven to 375.
- Place paper liners in a 12-cup standard muffin pan. (skip this step if using a silicone pan)
- In a large bowl, hydrate the dry food with the warm water. Add coconut flour, eggs and ground turkey. Gently stir until thoroughly combined.
- Divide the mixture among the paper liners. Bake for 40 minutes or until the muffins are crispy on top and a knife can slide out clean. Cool completely.
- While the muffins are in the oven, combine yogurt, cream cheese and peanut butter in a bowl and mix with a hand or kitchen mixer until combined. Keep in the refrigerator until muffins are cooled.
- When the muffins are cooled, frost the muffins and top each with a single Nuzzle.
You can use any Honest Kitchen diet in this recipe but keep in mind that different diets hydrate to different thicknesses, so feel free to adjust the water amount as needed. The batter consistency should be thicker than cake mix, but softer than cookie dough.