Party Hearty Birthday Cake
Rated 5.0 stars by 2 users
Make any day a special occasion with this homemade birthday cake for dogs.It doesn’t even have to be your birthday—it can be any occasion you want to celebrate with your pup. And even though cakes are seen as a treat, this one’s got lots of hearty goodness. We’ve added our Whole Grain Turkey and Goat’s Milk to this recipe to make sure you’ve got something to celebrate, too.
1 tbsp the honest kitchen Instant Goat's Milk powder
1/2 cup The Honest Kitchen Whole Grain Turkey Recipe
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup Whole-wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup natural peanut butter
3 tbsp cream cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray cake pan with oil so the cake doesn’t stick.
- Mix flour and baking soda until completely blended. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Place mixture into a non-stick 8" round cake pan or an 8×4-inch loaf pan. Level out using your fingers.
- Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and peanut butter. Spread evenly over cake with a knife once cooled.
If you find that the cream cheese/peanut butter icing is too hard to mix, stick it into a microwave for 30 to soften.
Additionally, if you don't have a cake pan, you can easily make a bone shape with foil. This cake batter is sturdy enough to be molded into place.