Peach and Pumpkin Cobbler Treats
If you think your dog is a peach, these treats are perfect for your pooch!Peaches are in season, and we decided to pick a few of the fuzzy favorites for our gluten-free Peach and Pumpkin Cobbler Treats. Peaches make a sweet treat for pups, as long as you remove the pit. We also used fresh peaches, because the canned variety is often preserved in syrup, and it's extra sugar your dog doesn’t need. On top of that, pumpkin and The Honest Kitchen's Perfect Form Herbal Digestive Supplement work wonders on canine digestive systems, and the gluten-free flours we added are ideal for sensitive stomachs.
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp flax seeds
1/2 cup gluten-free oats
1 cup peaches
- peanut butter
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup rice flour
1 tbsp The Honest Kitchen's Perfect Form
1/8 cup water
1 cup buckwheat flour
Preheat oven to 350?F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Peel fuzzy skin off peach, remove pit and cut into cubes.
- Add peach, pumpkin, peanut butter, and water into a blender. Blend until mixture is smooth.
In a large bowl, add flours, oats, cinnamon, flaxseed, and the honest kitchen's Perfect Form, and combine.
- Add blender contents to dry ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out dough and roll into small balls. Place on cookie sheets and flatten with a fork.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on racks for 3-4 hours.
- Store in airtight containers and keep in refrigerator or freezer.
Because the dough is sticky, keep your hands wet when you’re rolling the small balls for the treats.