Peanut Butter & Jelly Pupsicles
PB&J sandwiches are a childhood staple, but who says kids should have all the fun?With a little ingenuity your pup can enjoy this tasty treat too. We’ve decided to make it a frozen delight your dog can savor by switching in some sweet potato instead of the bread. Go ahead and grab a few popsicle trays from your local dollar store and give it a try! Everything in this delectable frozen treat is safe and healthy for your pet in appropriate portions.
¼ cup strawberries
1 sweet potato
½ cup natural peanut butter
Boil sweet potato in pot of water until easy to mash. Set aside.
- Blend or mash strawberries. Set aside.
- Melt peanut butter in microwave or on the stovetop.
- Place small spoonful of sweet potato in bottom of popsicle tray, then layer spoonfuls of peanut butter and blended strawberries on top until you reach desired size.
- Add final layer of sweet potato mash.
- Place in freezer overnight.
Remember, treats containing sweet potatoes and peanut butter should be given in moderation so as not to overload their system with too much sugar! One of these a day is more than enough for your pup, and depending on your dog's size even that might be too much. Consider doling one of these frozen treats out once or twice a week. If you'd like, switch out the strawberries for other healthy fruits like blueberries or raspberries to vary the flavor.