Peanut Butter and Strawberry Jam Dog Treats
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches always hit the spot.And you know what would hit the spot in your dog’s tummy? These Peanut Butter and Strawberry Jam Dog Treats! We’ve turned this old favorite into a homemade dog cookie, complete with a spoonful of The Honest Kitchen’s Instant Goat’s Milk with Probiotics. Now, that really hits the spot!
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup strawberries (pureed)
1 tbsp The Honest Kitchen’s Instant Goat’s Milk with Probiotics
1/2 cup water
2 cups whole-wheat flour
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Blend strawberries and ¼ cup of water in a blender until pureed. Set aside.
- Combine flour, oats, and the honest kitchen’s Instant Goat’s Milk in a large bowl.
- Microwave peanut butter in microwave for 1 minute to soften.
- Add peanut butter and egg to dry mixture and combine.
- Add strawberry puree to bowl and combine. Add the remaining ¼ cup of water as needed.
- Roll out dough onto floured surface. Roll out to ¼ inch thickness and cut using cookie cutter.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the oven but leave the cookies inside cooling oven for 2-3 hours.
- Take hardened cookies out of oven and let cool on cooling racks. Store in air tight container in refrigerator or freezer.
Want to make these gluten free? Just substitute the same amounts of gluten free flour and oats.