Proper Topper Dog Muffins
Add Honest Kitchen’s new Proper Toppers to your treats; they’re nutritious and fun!Did you hear the news? The Honest Kitchen has just released Proper Toppers, a dehydrated superfood that’s the perfect way to pep up your dog’s meal! I gave the Grain Free Turkey Recipe—made with 90 percent pure meat and mixed with antioxidant-rich whole produce—a try on top of these dog muffins. They were a hit in my house…on the muffins and in my dog’s bowl!
1 tbsp Baking powder
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp peanut butter
½ cup The Honest Kitchen's Proper Toppers
¼ tsp vanilla extract
1 cup water
Preheat the oven to 325° F. Spray or wipe muffin tray cups with oil.
- In a large bowl, mix shredded apple, carrot, vanilla, egg, peanut butter and honey together.
- Combine flour and baking powder and stir into wet ingredients. Add water as needed.
- Spoon mixture into greased muffin tins. Fill tins about ¾ for a full muffin.
- Sprinkle Proper Toppers on top of each tin of batter. You only need a little bit in each one.
- Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on racks. Place in air tight container or bag and keep in refrigerator or freezer until needed.
You can also bake Proper Toppers right into the muffins. Instead of sprinkling on top, just add it to the wet mixture while you’re stirring in the dry ingredients.