Pumpkin Oatmeal Spice Dog Treat Recipe
Rated 4.0 stars by 2 users
Your dog will fall paws over tail in love for these pumpkin treats with a hint of spice!Is it just me, or is there something about this time of the year that makes people want to bake up a storm? It might be something in the cooler air, or perhaps the fall brings out the baker in me. Either way, this Pumpkin Oatmeal Spice dog treat recipe will satisfy you dog's tummy in more ways than one. You already know that pumpkin is wonderful for your dog's digestive system; but did you know that ginger helps ease upset stomachs and is a natural anti-inflammatory, while cinnamon boosts energy, circulation, cognitive function and overall brain health? Add some of The Honest Kitchen' Perfect Form into the mix, and you've got yourself a power-packed treat that will have all snuggling in front of the fire with these homemade goodies. I just happened to make these cookies in time for Halloween, and they were a spook-tacular hit with the neighborhood dogs who came by my door!
2 cups spelt flour
½ cup rolled oats
1 cup canned pureed pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger (powder or fresh)
1 tsp the honest kitchen's Perfect Form
2 tbsp vegetable oil
¼ cup water
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine pumpkin, oil, ginger, Perfect Form and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir well.
- Gradually mix in oatmeal and flour. Gradually stir in water to form stiff dough.
- Roll dough to 1/4" thickness on a floured surface and cut with Halloween-themed cookie cutters.
- Place on cookie sheets and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack for 2-4 hours. Store in fridge or freezer in airtight container.
I used some dog-friendly icing to complete the scary faces—a few small dabs completed the look. Click here to discover which type of cinnamon is safe for your pets.