Recipe: Basil Quiche for Dogs
This dish was a huge hit with the office pups who were lucky enough to try it.This recipe is quite rich and should be served in moderation. Eggs are a cooling, Yin tonic. They are also one of the best sources of vitamin D and contain the highest amounts of lutein and zeazanthin when compared to 35 fruits and vegetables. These caroteinoids can help to reduce the occurrence of cataracts and other eye disorders. You may substitute light cream for the kefir for a tastier human version.
- black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- free range eggs
- fresh basil
- frozen pie crust
- Parmesan cheese
- plain kefir
beef or chicken
Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Warm the basil and kefir in a small saucepan over low heat for about 10 minutes and set aside.
- Heat the oil gently in a medium skillet.
- Add in the spinach and cook until it just begins to stick to the pan, and then turn off the heat.
- Whisk together the warmed kefir, eggs, salt, pepper and cheese.
- Add all these to the spinach, stirring gently so that everything is thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle the meat onto the bottom of the pie crust and cover with the whisked mixture.
- Bake on the bottom rack for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the dish to the middle rack of your oven, turn down the heat and bake for another 30 minutes at 350°F (or until it feels firm on top).
Use this section for whatever you like.