Recipe: Gluten-Free Beef and Cheese Dog Treat Recipe
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Are you apprehensive of giving your dog treats because they’re packed with sugar?Would you change your mind if the treat was packed full of good stuff? Let us tempt you with our Gluten-Free Beef and Cheese Dog Treat Recipe. Idea for dogs who can’t tolerate gluten, these treats are made with rice flour and gluten-free oats—both of which are readily available in your local grocery store. On top of that, this treat recipe also features peas and carrots. Peas are a good source of the B vitamin, Thiamin, phosphorous, and potassium, while carrots are high in fiber, beta carotene and vitamin A. Throw in some cheddar cheese, and you’ve got yourself a treat that both you and your dog will love!
1 cup gluten-free oats
1 cup peas and carrots
2 cups rice flour
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
⅓ cup The Honest Kitchen's Grain Free Beef Recipe
½ cup beef broth
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the peas and carrots until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine rice flour, rolled oats, Grain Free Beef Recipe, cheddar cheese and egg. Mix well.
- Add in pureed peas and carrots and mix until combined.
- As you’re stirring, add in beef broth. The dough will be moist.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface or onto parchment paper. Roll out dough to ¼ to ½ inch thickness. Because the dough is stiff, it may stick to your rolling pin. Spray or rub the rolling pin with olive oil, and you’ll be able to roll the dough out smoothly. Cut with cookie cutter and place on cookie sheets.Bake 30 to 40 minutes.Let cool on racks. Store in an air tight container, and refrigerate or freeze.
This recipe uses The Honest Kitchen's Grain Free Beef Dog Food made with ranch raised beef.