Recipe: Grain-Free Banana Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Rated 5.0 stars by 2 users
Skip the grain and go right for the good stuff with a treat that's grain-free and packed with plenty of nom-noms!Going grain-free isn't easy. Although there are a larger variety of grain-free food items available on the market, it can be hard to find treats that agree with your dog's tummy. That's why you should give this Banana Peanut Butter Grain-Free Dog Treat Recipe a go. Not only is it grain-free, but I've also added The Honest Kitchen's Instant Goat's Milk into the mix, which is packed with live culture probiotics and digestive enzymes.
2 cups coconut flour
1/8 cup flaxseed meal
¼ cup peanut butter
½ cup quinoa flour
2 ripe bananas
2 tbsp The Honest Kitchen’s Instant Goat's Milk
2 tbsp vegetable oil
¼ cup water
½ tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, flaxseed, Goat's Milk and cinnamon). Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the bananas, peanut butter, vegetable oil, water and eggs until well combined.
- Mix the wet ingredients slowly into the dry ingredients until combined. The dough will be crumbly, but moist.
- Using your hands, scoop out the mixture and pack together into a fist shaped ball.
- On a long piece of parchment paper (about the length of your cutting board), place the ball of dough in the middle of the paper.
Fold one-half of the parchment paper over the ball (make sure it's completely covered). Using your rolling pin, gently roll out the ball to ¼ thickness. Use a cookie cutter to press out shapes and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove treats from oven and place on a cooling rack. Keep them in an air tight container and store in refrigerator or freezer.
If this is your first time making grain-free treats, you'll notice how the dough doesn't hold together like dough using regular flour. That's because the gluten is the bonding agent in the dough, and there's none in this recipe. Don't worry—just follow the directions below to craft the perfect grain-free dog treat!